Week Two – Tuesday Training

Last night was horrible, I could not close an eye. I was kept up by pain, noise and then some more pain.

Friday I bought some new sandals, they were a little small but the lady assured me that it is leather and it will stretch. Which I am sure it will but not before it takes my feet with it.

I did not realise as I wore the sandals on Friday night, they tore into my feet, making rather large gashes above my feet and also below my feet. So yesterdays run, aggravated the wounds and by the time I went to bed my feet were swollen like watermelons and it they were on fire.

I treated it with some Betadine which may have contributed to the burning but that will at least that will stop any infection. The last time I rolled around, last night to check the time it was 4:30 AM, so when my alarm went off for the morning training at 6:00 AM, I did not even hit the snooze button, I just turned it off.

I woke up at about 10:00Am, feeling very irritated and groggy due to the lack of sleep but at least my feet were not hurting anymore. So for now, I will refrain from any running until my feet are completely healed, luckily I can still skip to my hearts content.

Currently my workload is very intense so after training I dived right in and got really productive. At around 13:00 is slipped out for lunch and had some amazing noodles.

IMG_8827  IMG_8829

IMG_8830 IMG_8828

I saw the above BBQ, when I went for the noodles this afternoon, so I went back for it this evening. BBQ chicken and spicy papaya salad.



Training tonight was one of the hardest training sessions yet. We were once again surprised by a few new faces who had joined the club and I saw that my trainer was busy helping someone else, which meant that I had to train myself.

Seeing that I missed the morning session , I went extra hard and kicked off the training with some skipping and then 5 minutes of punching and 50 sit ups, I repeated the punching and sit ups two more times.

I followed this up with kneeing the punching bag and then another 50 sit ups, which I also repeated twice. So basically three sets of each, then as soon as I finished the third set my trainer spotted me and called me over for some actual Muay Thai training.

We did the usual routine of kicks, punches, elbows and knees but by this time, I was exhausted. Just when I thought that we were finished, he called one of the new guys to spar with me, it went really well, we went about three rounds before both of us were exhausted.

“Finally, we are done.”, I thought… Then for the first time ever, after the training the coach called us for some more fitness, he normally just lets us go but today we followed up the sparring with some sit ups, knees and kicks to the punching bag, pretty much a repeat of how I started.

At this stage I was finished. I attempted some more core exercises just to finish everything up but my body literally could not hold itself. Oh I later found out that the coach also missed the morning training so he probably tried to make up for it!


2 thoughts on “Week Two – Tuesday Training”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s